Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Dorothy 2016

My mother in law, Dorothy. We met when I was barely 16 years old. Her son is my first real boyfriend. She lives in a very musical, Baptist world. My family rarely has music playing. No one plays or sings and we are Catholic.
But she took me into her family. She drove the school bus for my younger siblings. It seems our families were destined to be connected.
Dorothy was a kind and generous lady. She never had a bad thing to say about anyone. Even when someone was unkind or didn't treat her as they should. She still found a way to let it go and say something nice.
Dorothy passed away this past week. We have been able to spend this past 1 1/2 years close to her. And I am so thankful for that.
We have loved her. And I thank God for her and her son.  She will be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home