Monday, October 10, 2016

Road trip Chapter 4

This diary completely got away from me very quickly.
I was busy enjoying the trip.
We made it to East Peoria on Sunday.
Dorothys visitation was Monday evening. It went wonderfully. So many came thru. We both saw people we had not seen in so long.

Her funeral was on Tuesday. It all went perfectly. Terry have his eulogy and sang. He did a great job.

We managed to remember to take a few pictures

Then we were off to southern Illinois, 
Mt Vernon. For her grave side and burial. 
It was a nice day with a breeze and Terry & Ray did a great job. 

Thursday, we four went out to check on the grave and add some flowers.
We also checked on the outhouse.
Then, just like that, our foursome
road trip is over. I have been so
proud of both the boys. They were
helpful and behaved as the wonderful
men they are. 
But now, we take them to the airport.
And of course, their adventure is 
not over. Before we left, Chalon 
and I had discussed
whether or not to take his gun. In the
end, we decided we were not positive
enough about the laws in all the
different states we would be in. So it
was best not to take it. But he forgot to remove the magazine of ammo. 
Yep, tsa spotted it. Both boys said
everyone was very professional and
polite at Lambert. And they made it
back to Phoenix just fine.
I missed them immediately.
A sweet woman in the next car had
walked her sister to the door and saw
me hugging them. She was a little 
teared up when she said to me,  "I 
wanted to hug them too!"
She have me a hug and we were on
our way. Back to East Peoria.

It's silly, I know. 
But I am missing my boys.
I barely see them at home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home