Monday, August 1, 2016

Talking....

You often hear comediennes and "experts" commenting on how women
do all the talking and men do not listen. Which is 1 million% true.
My husband does not hear probably about 85% of what I say. I know,
he thinks he hears more. But he has proven over and over that he does not.
And it really does not matter what I talk about. Even if I am talking about
music or his camper, he rarely listens to what I am saying. He thinks he
is listening. But really, he is thinking about something else.
Now, its also true that I love to talk. But I think I am a pretty good listener.
 
 
Yesterday afternoon, we went to a church in Dewey, Arizona. Its about
1 1/2 hours away. We have gone there several times. And usually, either
I am talking or its just quiet. Which is usually fine with me too. If its just a
calm quiet. But yesterday, he was talking too. Like actually talking.
He talked and then I talked and then he talked and then I talked.
Like we actually heard what each other was saying.
 
We talked about things that matter. Important things. Funny things.
About a lot of things. And I was wishing the trip would go on a
lot longer. It does not happen often that we get to talk like
that at any length. It was a wonderful time.
And I know God was blessing us with that time.
Thank you, God.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home