Sunday, March 8, 2015

Hawaii 2015 Day 6

Hawaii 2015
Day Six
Friday, February 6
 
Our last day on the big island. It was hard
to decide what to do on this day. Our list was
long of things we wanted to see. In the end, we
went to Turtle Beach. It was fabulous. We were
so sorry that we didn't have time to snorkel. 
It would have been a fabulous place to do it.  
 
You can see out past the lava the water changes.
Beyond the smooth to the darker blue. That's where
you could snorkel. That is Whitebear sitting out there.

 
A sweet little girl about Mileys age came up to me after
we took pictures of Whitebear. She asked if he was my bear.
I told her that Whitebear belongs to my granddaughter. But she
could not come on this trip, so Whitebear came instead. She told
me how there was someone that could not come with her either.
Her daddy. He was at home in the hospital. I don't know any more
than that. But her mom and grandparents were there with her. She
was sad about it. I was wishing I had a stuffed animal to give her.
 



 
We could not stay very long. So we were getting ready to
go when Terry looked out and saw people watching something.
Turned out the turtles did show up. I think we saw maybe 6
of them. Every one was marked. The number & letter was
carved into their shell. One had the antenna.
 





They were pretty good size. Their shells were
between 18-36 inches long. There weren't many people
there. Maybe 6? Even the little girl did not attempt to
touch them. Just watched and asked questions.
 
When we go back, we will schedule a day. Just for
Turtle Beach.
 
We stopped at a fabric store on the way back. I bought
some lovely fabric. I have no idea what I will do with it.
But when I come up with the idea, I will have it.
 

By the time we got back to the hotel, it was time
to get dressed for the luau. It was pretty Hollywood.
But a lot of fun. We had a great time. The food was
fabulous.
 






Now, time to call it a night. We fly very early
in the morning. Leaving behind the big island.
Headed to Oahu.
 
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home