Sunday, March 8, 2015

Hawaii 2015 Day 3

Hawaii 2015
Day Three
Tuesday, February 3
 
Today is the day to swim with the dolphins.
Not in a pool. Out in the Pacific ocean.
I have been looking forward to this so much.
 
Because of the time difference I guess, I was up at
about 4 am. Went to sit on the balcony. I found out the
balcony doesn't only have a wonderful view during the day.
But at night as well.




These are all moon pictures. So beautiful. I had hoped I would
find a whale in one of them. But no. Sadly. The thing is, I could
hear them. Blowing air out. I could hear them and it
sounded so close. But I could not see them.
When the sun came up, we saw more of the whales from the
balcony, then it was time for breakfast and then
off to swim in the ocean!!
 
This was the only less than 5 star time with Big Island Divers.
 
We called long before our trip to ask about how many people
they take on these trips.  There were a lot more people on this
one than they said. It was my impression that it was probably a
case of people who work there taking friends out for a freebie.
What a great perk of the job, right? I agree. But then, they need
to use a bigger boat. There was not enough room for everyone to sit.
And there certainly was not enough room to be able to turn and look
around as we were flying across the water.
 
During this particular event, it made a difference to have so many
people getting off the boat. The dolphins are fast. The goal is to get
out ahead of them. Jump off the boat and wait for them to come to you. But
when you have so many people jumping, the dolphins are long gone
pretty quickly. And there is only one place to jump out from.
 
I did see some. I have no complaint with that. They are wild animals
and you can only do so much to get close to them. I get it.
But I think if there were 6 guests or less on the boat,
this 53 year old grandma might have gotten to see more them.
 
I also had a hard time with the captain. I am not positive of his name,
so I wont say. But he did not interact with the guests. Except to tell one
guest that he could not possibly have seen a tuna. He was not friendly.
I wont say any more. It was just a disappointment after our first
experience with BID.
 
I will add that there were several ladies that were constantly asking
if we needed anything. Taking care of us. They were great.
Jess was one of them. But I cant remember the rest.
 







That's me, yellow snorkel, pink fins.
 
Terry managed to get a couple pictures that
look like I am out there all alone with them.
 

 
 
 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home