Sunday, March 8, 2015

Hawaii 2015 Day 7

Hawaii 2015
Day Seven
Saturday, February 7
 
Up early to travel. Sadly, we are leaving
Kona and the big island. When we come back,
we will go straight to Hawaii. There is so much we
did not have time to do. We will be back.
 Back to the outdoor airport in Kona.
This statue was in the middle of the airport.


Onto the little plane
for the flight back to Oahu. Such beautiful places to see
from the plane. We landed and picked up the car. Straight
to Pearl Harbor. Perfect weather. We got our tickets to take
 the boat ride out to the USS Arizona.
 
 
We saw this fence on the way. Wow!
 

If you are ever headed here, keep this in mind. I saw
a couple of young ladies on our way out doing the pretty
girl flirty thing trying to get in with their purses. Even little
tiny purses. Nope. But you can take your camera.
 

Its a pretty awesome sight when you first see it.
I will tell you something else, it was an incredible
place to see. Enormous battle ships, all shapes and
sizes. Everywhere.
 

 
The Ranger inside said that at the rate the oil
is leaking, it will likely last about 75 years. I am not
sure if you can see them, but there are fish in there.
Living in that oily water. Surprised me!

 

 

 
 
That submarine is the Bowfin.
You can tour it. But sadly, we did not have
time. We chose to tour the USS Missouri instead.
 




The USS Missouri could accurately shoot its
ammo 22 miles away. Seems impossible.
Makes me wonder what modern day
equipment can do!!
 

 
Life size statue outside the Missouri.
 
On our way back, there was a band playing.
The Marine Forces Pacific Band.
 
They were incredible!! When they were done,
I wanted a picture. As my poor husband always
does, he got to take the camera. He asked me who
I was going to ask for a picture? I told him anyone
that I can get! The whole group were sweet enough
to gather round me. It was very nice of them.
Terry said I was blushing.
 
 
Oh, well, ok, maybe I was, a little. haha
After our time here, we were determined to
find a particular building and statue.


 
It was not easy! haha If you have ever driven
in the Downtown Waikiki area, you will know.
No parking at all. But I got pictures as we drove by!
We were both so excited to have found it!
It was our last adventure on this trip.
Well, I should not say that. We found a Kmart and
Terry had not gotten a tshirt yet.
Kmart is always
 an adventure.

 
Now, the next day, we flew out.
We both saw a whale breaching as we
headed out over the pacific and back to
LA and then Phoenix.









 
 
 
 
 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home